Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Festive December Sock


I was up late lastnight (3am, yes toooo late) finishing up this pair of socks. Why I don't know, there wasn't a rush to get them done. It's not like I don't have other socks to wear. But when the end is so near you just have to go on sometimes. So here they are, the first socks of December: Meilenweit Inca, knit plain. Started 11/23/06, finished 12/5/06. 68 stitches on size US1 dpn's. They are identical (I like when that happens). I thought I would be finishing these later today during Mandy's orthodontist appt. (she is "uber excited" that her braces are coming off today), but I will have to take a different sock with me to work on.
A couple weeks ago on a blog I visited (sorry, don't remember which one) she was asking people how they store their needles, so I thought I would share mine. I have a few of these sliding pencil cases that I use for my DPN's (a 6" plastic ruler fits nicely into them too). I buy them at the beginning of the school year when I buy Mandy's supplies. Then I go to the craft department and get some of the eyeglass chain maker doogies (that's the technical name for them, don't you know) and use those to hold the sets together. I have some number beads that I'm still trying to figure out how to put on the starter loop for the chain, so I know what size each set is. I haven't found a good way to store my circs yet, so if anyone else has some ideas....
And as a tease for Shelley, here is your T-shirt being embroidered by my machine (your package will go in the mail tomorrow). The lettering is stitching out as I type this post up.














The heart of yarn is taking shape in the right picture. Ok, the machine is done, now I just need to snip some threads and squirt the positioning lines with some water to make them disappear. It will be ready to go in the package (with the rest of your goodies) as soon as that dries. Have a great day!! More later.

4 comments:

monica said...

The socks look great. Better watch that 3AM stuff , next you will be like me and be up all night knitting.

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

The socks are awesome, and great colours! It is really cool when they end up matching.

I can't wait for the package...I'm so excited and can't wait to wear the shirt! And it's purple too, bonus!!

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Just wanted to let you know I now have the link up on my blog to the scarf pattern from the Yarn Harlot (in case you weren't able to find it on her blog).

Anonymous said...

OHOHOHOH!!! Someone else who is kept up by thier knitting!!!! Well if it isn't my knitting it is a child soooo at least if it is knitting it is for myself"!!!! Does that sound selfish......I am really the opposite of that but when it comes to my knitting.......no one comes between me and my needles!!!!! I love the socks, I have never had self stri[ing come out exaCT LIKE THAT...did you have to work at it or did it just happen?