I found this meme at Susie's blog. I'm going to type it now (11/28) and post it after Shelley has a chance to see she's won.
1. Eggnog or hot chocolate? Hot chocolate, I've never had Eggnog and don't want to.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just set them under the tree? Mrs. Santa wraps all presents.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? While I prefer colored lights the tree is prewrapped with white lights. But we do put colored lights up around the inside of the house.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? I am highly allergic to mistletoe so only the silk or plastic gets past the door and I avoid stores that carry it this time of year. I'm always on the look out for the stuff (I like breathing, funny that).
5. When do you put up your decorations? It's an ongoing process from the day after Thanksgiving till we get done. We haven't hauled the tree up from the basement yet though (seems there is some yarn in that corner that needs to be moved).
6. What is you favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Well if I can't say a dessert, candied sweet potatoes.
7. Favorite holiday memory? My dad was in Korea (Army) and we were in PA, I was 7 or 8, and Santa came to the door (it was late at night). My sister (Yvonne) and I took a chair to the door and looked through the peep hole and there he stood. We opened the door squealing, Mom came running out of her room (did I mention it was late), she was upset that we had opened the door to a stranger, but it was Santa. He had presents for the 6 of us still at home. Apparantly the Army had given him our names.
8. When and how did you learn about Santa? Learn what, SANTA IS REAL.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Nope.
10. What kind of decorations are on your tree? White lights and various ornaments we've collected or the kids have made through the years.
11. Snow! Love it or dread it? Well, both really. I love to look at it and see it coming down, but I hate to drive in it.
12. Can you ice skate? NO! in fact I used to have nightmares that I was skating, fell and sliced open the back of my leg.
13.Do you remember your favorite gift? Hmmmm..... Operation... BZZZZZZZ
14. What's the most important thing about the holidays for you? Being with my family.
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? All the cookies Mandy and I bake (chocolate crinkles, spritz, chocolate chip, pinwheels, sugar, well you get the idea).
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Mandy and me (or is it I?) baking cookies (sneezing our heads off from all the flour dust flying out of the mixer).
17. What tops your tree? Well, as soon as I find one I like it's going to be a star.
18. What is your favorite holiday book? Luke, Chapter 2 and then the Polar Express.
19. What is your favorite Christmas song? Carol of the Bells.
20. Candy canes? we buy them every year and never eat them.
I want to add one more question to mine (because that's just the way I am)
21. What is your favorite holiday movie? "The Bishop's Wife". (Cary Grant, ahhhhh). A close second is "It's a Wonderful Life" & the Albert Finney version of "A Christmas Carol" also known as "Scrooge"
Ok I'm done. Now it's your turn.
As an aside... for the first time in the over 20 years I've been driving, I got pulled over by the police this morning on my way to work. For what, you ask? Well, even though there are still 2 full days left in the month, for expired tags. No fine, just a warning. I had hubby take care of the situation right away. I'm legal once more. Geeez, don't they have criminals they could be going after instead of innocent middle-aged women? Seriously!