Friday, August 04, 2006

Did Someone Say "Cold Front"...

...Cuz, I'm not feeling it! The humidity is down (thank goodness) but it's still hot (93*F). I've been working on the socks I'm knitting for my Sis (almost done with the gusset decreases). I know, that isn't much progress for 1 week, but I have been working on other things too. Monica has designs just swimming in her head (I can't even imagine that), so I am knitting a pair of socks in one of them. How cool is that, knitting socks my Sis designed. I can't put a picture up of them just yet, but they are ever so loverly. I'm on the gusset decreases on the first one of that too. No growth on the Razor Shell sock ( but I will give it some attention soon).
Work is even slower than before (there is much stress in this and loss of sleep and headaches, when you have to worry if you're going to get paid or not. Time for a serious new job hunt).
My father-in-law took a nasty tumble last week and is badly bruised on his chest, arms and legs. He is having a doppler today (on his right leg,which is the worst) to make sure he doesn't have any clots. And he had to have four teeth fixed too.
School starts on the 24th for my daughter (she's a junior this year), she's very anxious about this year. She starts her Teacher's Academy class (they have a European trip planned for next June that she is looking forward to. She will be going thanks to grandpa and grandma) in preparations for becoming a teacher. And even though it's a year away, I worry about her going. Being so far away, where I can't get to her if something were to happen. Who told her she could grow up?
I always planned for this to be a strictly knitting blog (with no really personal stuff), but life does seem to happen. And sometimes it puts a damper on the knitting.
Ok, enough of feeling sorry for myself (but it does feel good to get it out). Let's see if I can get at least one pair of socks done this month. Have a great weekend!!

1 comment:

monica said...

It is good to vent every now and then. Oh guess what, you know how I don't have anything at all to knit right now :) I started another sweater. Am I crazy or what!