Monday, January 08, 2007

When A UFO Loses Its U Status


My January UFO is now a FO!! I of course chose the easiest and fastest to complete (although I did rip it twice... I didn't like the way it looked being knitted on the size 4 addi so I switched to a a 1 and reknit). Mandy says her English teacher is due in March but has been experiencing premature labor so she is on bed rest. One baby hat done. Opal Petticoat (leftover from Mandy's socks) 100 stitches on size 1 Addi Turbo. I'm making a pair of socks to match and if I have enough yarn I might even make some little mitts. Have you ever seen anything so cute? I love the swirly top (thanks Monica for your calculations).
I am making progress on my Sockret pal's second sock also, I'm to the heel flap. I hope to get it done by the end of the week. Well, I'm off to bed. More later.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an adorable hat!

monica said...

That turned out so cute. Miniature things just gotta make you smile. Can't wait to see the baby socks

Anonymous said...

What a fantastic idea to use up sock yarn. Very very cute, and I am sure the expectant mum will love it. I cant wait to see the baby socks too.

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

The hat is cute!! Matching socks and mittens will go great with it!