Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Drip, Drip, Drip

Here I sit waiting for a plumber to show up. Seems when they built this subdivision we live in they used (faulty) substandard pipes (those infamous "Blue" ones) running from the street to the meter and from the meter into the house. Just about every house on our street has had repairs and now it's our turn. The carpet in the basement is soaked (and of course it's on the side with my sewing room). The water works person has come out and turned off our water main. So, no shower, no toilet flushing, no teeth brushing, no dish washing or laundry. I hope they show up soon. So that's how my day is going, hope yours is better. I promise the next entry will include knitting.

Update: 9/21/06
We have a few estimates (all more than we can afford, but that's the price of being a homeowner). The last plumber (the one we're going with) did a bypass for us so we have water but it's not going through the leaking pipe. He's backed up a week with all the "Blue Max" repairs in this area, so we will wait and try to figure out how to pay for it. Needless to say, no knitting yesterday. But I did suck a lot of water out of the carpet in the basement (teach us to finish a basement), but it sure does smell. I think it will have to be replaced.

4 comments:

Ginger said...

Oh, no! What a mess. Just another case of the bottom line being more important than taking pride in your work and making a quality product. Seems to be croping up more and more these days. *sigh*

kathy b said...

Oh boy. That sounds horrible. Wishing you dinner out, and a fast fix. Ugh. I really feel for you.

Rebecca said...

Oh, my! I am so sorry for you.. I went without electricity for three hours this morning and it was a bummer. Your situation is even worse. Did any of your fabric get ruined?

monica said...

Glad the guy finally showed up. Maybe they will be able to get to you sooner than he expects.