Tuesday, June 27, 2006

And In The Center Ring....


We have the Fishermen's Sock2 (I hope your German is good) finished before the stroke of midnight. This was a fun pair to knit, it is the June sock for the sockmaniacs yahoo group.
Particulars:
Lorna's Laces Sock in Natural
rib: 64 stitches
leg and foot: 72 stitches
If anyone knows of a nicer, softer yarn than Lorna's please let me know. This sock is so luxurious feeling, I can't wait for cooler weather so I can wear them.
And now I have another set of empty needles, which means I will need to start a new sock.
No, I will work on some that are already OTN.
I will be good. Well, it's late and I'm off to bed. More later.

7 comments:

monica said...

They are gorgeous. You did a great job. I am slaving away on the 'ghan, but I needed to give my hands a rest it is getting long and heavy.

Rebecca said...

Lorna's Laces is definitely one of my favorite yarns. Mountain Colors Bearfoot and Shaeffer Ann are also really soft. Love your socks!

Kathy... said...

They are beautiful!! I made mine in Natural color also...but Opal rather than Lorna's. I have my first skeins of LL waiting to be knit....it does feel wonderful, and imagine will be even better after I have it knit up. Enjoy your socks...they are truly lovely.

Deby said...

Wow. I love these socks. I started with 72st but they were too big. I wish I would have thought to start with 64! I will give it another try. Another soft yarn is STR (Socks That Rock) I just got 2 and they are very very yummy!

Linda said...

I LOVE your German socks. I've worked mostly with self-striping or hand-dyed yarn, so it is nice to how beautiful socks can be without the striping.

Linda said...

I LOVE your German socks. I've worked mostly with self-striping or hand-dyed yarn, so it is nice to how beautiful socks can be without the striping.

wendy said...

They look great!
Hubby is my German speaker/reader in the house but he's pretty rusty. He went to German K...that was awhile ago.lol.