Thursday, November 09, 2006

Lacevember Questionnaire Answers

Here we go (1 post closer to 100):
Knitting questions:
1.How long have you been knitting? It seems like forever (with a 20yr hiatus thrown in)
2. How did you learn to knit? Mom taught me.
3. Favorite thing about knitting? It's relaxing and I can take it with me.
4. How long have you been knitting lace? About a year
5. Favorite thing about knitting lace? It's so pretty when its done

Yarn questions:
1. Favorite lace yarn? I've never knit with "lace" yarn, I've knit lace socks with Lorna's Sock and love that.
2. Variegated or solids for shawls? Love the look of both
3. Favorite lace color? blues and browns but not together

Technique, or show us you skillz
1. circs or straights? circs definitely
2.Favorite lace knitting trick? making copies of the charts and using post-it notes to let me know which row I'm on.
3. Lifelines? yes. If so with what? crochet cotton
4. Fancy blocking wires or just sewing pins stuck in you carpet? sewing pins

Pattern, or can you follow directions
1. Shawls or lacey items? I need the pattern for everything I knit (at least to start out with)
2. Triangle, rectangle, or circular shawls? Rectangle and triangle
3. Charts or printed instructions? Charts for sure
4. Favorite lace you've knit? I've knit 3 or 4 pair of lace socks and I love them all (2 were Nancy Bush patterns)

Just Fun, yup that's right, just fun
1. Favorite Jelly Belly flavor? I don't like jelly beans
2. Tell me everything you know about Eric the Red? he's.... red?
3. Coke, classic or with lime? I don't drink pop
4. Holiday carols, sing alongs or wish they would be banned from all public airwaves? I love Christmas carols and I sing along with them
5. What is the definition of irony? Huh
6. How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie roll pop? By my last count... about 15
7. Why is my cat pucking in front of my son's bedroom door? His is the closest to the bathroom
8. What is your superhero power? I'm getting close to 50 so my power is waning and I've seem to forgotten what it is too.
9. If the laundry is 9 feet by 11 feet (just dreaming, that a big laundry room), and the walls are 8 feet tall, and you are going to tile the entire room in tiles that are 3" x 5", what color should those tiles be? Buttercup Yellow
10. What's for dinner tonight? Your guess is as good as mine
11. What is clogging my children's bathtub drain? lego's, polly pockets accessories and maybe some barbie hair.

Wow! that was fun!?!

1 comment:

knit_tgz said...

I have seen this questionnaire on several blogs I read. Is it only to Lacevember knitalongers, or is it for everybody?

Thanks!