Monday, April 07, 2008

So Fun, So Easy (and fast too)



I finished my Swirl Socks tonight (I had 3 repeats done on the leg of the first sock when I picked it back up last week). They were so fun and fast to knit.
Monica called me back in December and told me she was emailing me a new pattern, would I please knit at least one repeat of the pattern and let her know how it worked for me. The yarn I chose (Shelridge Farms Soft Touch Heather - Crocus) is a little fatter than regular sock yarn and I didn't want to knit it on size 0 needles, so I cast on 60 stitches (rather than 70) on size 1's and away I knit. They are so pretty and fit great.
Sheri at the Loopy Ewe asked to have it for the first Loopy Ewe Sock Club pattern (all members have it now so I can show mine and not divulge any secrets about what it looks like) and Monica agreed.
Well it is past my bed time and that's all I have for right now. Have a great week!

5 comments:

monica said...

Yay!! for you, pair 1 for April. You are ahead of me. And they look very pretty in the purple. I hope you don't have to fight Amanda for them.

Diane said...

Sooo pretty. Purple is one of my fav colors.

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Beautiful socks!!

kathy b said...

I think congrats are in order! THey look so very soft.

Heather said...

beautiful job on the socks!
let me know if you are interested in test knitting any more patterns :0)