I have finally finished my first pair of socks for SOS2007 (and July socks for SAM3 and the 9th pair for 52 PP). Maybe more will come off the needles more quickly now. Here they are (they don't match perfectly, but they're pretty darn close). They weren't done in time for the 4th (it was too hot anyway), but I'll have them for next year (and it will be too hot then too). My standard plain socks (68 stitches on US1 dpn's, 6" leg, 9" foot).
And as if I didn't belong to enough groups already, I joined yet another one...Sockamania. There is a new pattern each month for the participants to knit. This months is called "Serpentine". It is written for toe up (but you know how I feel about toe up...I don't do them) so of course I am taking liberty to knit them cuff down. Here is a picture of the start... I'm knitting them in Sheldridge Farms - Crocus colorway.
And the main reason I have so many 1/2 pairs up in my header is this...The Mystery Stole 3. I finished with clue #2 this morning so I will be able to work on clue #3 that was posted yesterday. I really think I need to get a longer circular needle for this (my LYS is out of stock right now, imagine that).Well, that's it for now I think. Have a great weekend! I'm off to knit some more, and tackle a new mound of laundry.