Thursday, September 13, 2007

Test-Knitter 101

First, you have to have a sister who can whip out patterns like nobodies business... just my luck, I have such a sister. Second, you must be prepared with needles and yarn...so far so good. Third, you must love to knit...that's a given, especially socks. Three for three. Monica's brain has been leaking a lot of patterns lately, and being the helpful, loving sister that I am, I have offered my services as test-knitter (and proof-reader). It's a win win situation. I get some lovely socks and Monica knows that her patterns are liked, understood, and knitable by someone other than herself (of course they are, silly girl!)

So, here are two of her new sock patterns that I've been test knitting. This is "Hearts-A-Plenty" (I thought of the name). I'm knitting them in Patons Kroy Sock yarn . I'm not going to knit the hearts down the foot (even though the pattern is written that way, and yes I should knit it exactly like the pattern is written...but I don't really like holes on my feet). I thought the yarn was going to be too busy for it, but it's turning out nice (well in person it looks great).


The second sock pattern I started doesn't have a name yet but I'm knitting it in CTH Potluck Blues/Purples. Monica knit hers in CTH Sockittome Spanish Moss. The yarn is a little dark for the design to show but I will keep knitting it.







I also started another plain sock in Trekking 107. I had coveted this colorway a long time before I was able to get it last year. It has been waiting patiently to be knit. I'm on the heel flap.
So, that's it for this weeks update. It's good to be a (test) knitter. Have a great weekend!

6 comments:

monica said...

They are purdy in your yarn. Thank you for being such a helpful sister. I love that trekking too. I wonder if I have that colorway in my stash??? I will have to look.
Everything looks great as usual.

Deb said...

Lucky test sock knitter sister girl!!

~Tonia~ said...

I thought I saw those socks before ;) They are looking great. What great luck to have a sister that designs sock patterns.

Jennie said...

Can't wait to see all the great patterns. :)

Janice said...

Lucky you to have a sister like Monica and lucky Monica to have a sister like you. A win-win! Love both the patterns and all of the socks! You will have happy feet this winter!!

Cindy said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has more than one pair of socks going at a time--my family just doesn't understand me--LOL!!! I'm glad to finally be amongst those who do. If your sister ever needs another sock knitter--I fit all of the requirements you listed in your post about test knitting 101!!
Cindy
P.S. Your socks are all gorgeous by the way!!