...I should call these "Mary Poppins" socks. I can't believe how perfectly I got them to match. And yes I did try (as I always do with these self-striping yarns), but sometimes my gauge will change with the second sock, or something freaky (like a break in the yarn) will happen that they don't match exactly...but not this time. As evidence to the fact, I give you exhibit A: Opal Elements with 68 stitches on size US1 dpn's. Ok, so I don't mess up my mojo I'm going to stop talking about them.
I also started this sock knit in Trekking XXL 145. I thought this yarn wanted to be the Monkey sock pattern, but when I finished the gusset decreases I discovered I couldn't get my foot in it, so I ripped it. Started it again using larger needles, but didn't like the fabric I was getting, so rip again. And then I found the Crosshatch Lace pattern in "More Sensational Knitted Socks", I think the yarn likes this pattern (we'll see how it goes). If it works out this will be my April Socktopia sock for the category "Aren't you glad I didn't say banana"(just ignore the yellow you see in the yarn, I'm trying to).
I have also started a new test knit for my sister, and if I do say so myself, it looks very nice (no peeking allowed). Monica saw it this past weekend and she likes it too. And her birthday socks are progressing nicely too, I'm past the gusset decreases on the first sock (no peeks on those either, well not till after May 13th anyway).
I think that is all to report right now. More later!